There is a choice of transport links from the airport to the city centre. You can book transfers using our airport transfers booking site.
There are two taxi options when you get to Edinburgh Airport:
- You can pre-book Edinburgh Airport's official private hire service using our online taxi booking form, or by calling 0844 448 8576. The private hire rank is located on the ground floor of the multi-storey car park.
- You can pick up a black cab at the rank on the ground floor of the multi-storey car park.
The Airlink 100 express and N22 night buses reach Waverley Bridge in about 25 minutes, depending on traffic. The Lothian Buses No 35 also runs into city centre but calls at local destinations en route, and continues to Leith.
The airport is about eight miles (12km) west of the city centre and the journey (via the A8 Glasgow Road) takes about 25 minutes in light traffic. A number of car hire companies operate from the airport.
Trams offer a frequent and reliable service linking the airport and the city centre. Interchange with rail services is available at Edinburgh Park and Haymarket stations. Other stops include Murrayfield Stadium and Princes Street.
Onward from Edinburgh city centre
Both of Edinburgh's main rail stations, Waverley and Haymarket, are located in the heart of Edinburgh's city centre. The rail network connects to cities all over Scotland and the UK.
In addition to the Citylink Air service to Glasgow both Citylink and National Express operate services from Edinburgh's main bus station in Elder Street to destinations across Scotland and the UK.
Onward journey information
There are several information points located in the terminal to help you with your onward travel options. Each provides airport bus information, and an interactive journey planner to find the best way of getting you to your destination by public transport.
Onward travel information points locations:
- International reclaim hall
- International arrivals area
- Domestic/UK reclaim hall - with RailBus ticket vending machine