Where to catch buses
Buses to Edinburgh and other local destinations stop on the terminal forecourt, outside the main entrance.
Map of bus routes from Edinburgh Airport (112KB PDF)
Buses into Edinburgh
Airlink 100 (Stop D)
This express bus service runs from the airport to Waverley Bridge (near Princes Street and the main rail and bus stations).
Buy tickets in advance online, from visitscotland by UK Arrivals, at the bus stop, or from the driver
- Frequency: Every 10 minutes.
- Journey time: 30 minutes approximately (Waverley Bridge).
- Fare: Single £4.50, return £7.50 (reductions for children).
Night bus N22 (Stop D)
This service runs from the airport via South Gyle to the city centre and on to Ocean Terminal in Leith between 00:45 and 04:15, seven nights a week.
- Frequency: Every 30 minutes.
- Journey time: 28 minutes (Waverley Steps).
- Fare: £3 flat fare (unlimited travel for one night).
Service 35 (Stop F)
This Lothian Buses service runs to the city centre and on to Ocean Terminal, with stops including RBS World Headquarters, the Scottish Parliament and the Palace of Holyroodhouse.
Buses run every 15 minutes Monday to Saturday daytime and every 30 minutes evenings and Sundays.
- Frequency: Every 15 minutes.
- Journey time: About an hour depending on traffic (Holyrood).
- Fare: Single £1.60, DAYticket £4.00 (reductions for children).
Service 200 (Stop B) – Commences 23 April 2017
This service runs from the airport via Clemiston, Blackhall, Drylaw, Muirhouse and Newhaven to Ocean Terminal in Leith between 04:55 and 00:00, seven days a week.
- Frequency: Every 30 minutes.
- Journey time: Approx 50 minutes.
- Fare: TBC
Service 21A (Livingston & West Lothian) (Stop E) – Commences operation 8 May 2017
This service runs from the airport via Broxburn and Uphall to Livingston then onwards to Bathgate and Fauldhouse. Journeys also operate from the airport to Edinburgh Park.
- Frequency: Towards Livingston: Every 60 minutes. Towards Edinburgh Park: Every 60 minutes. Monday to Saturday only, no service Sunday.
- Journey time: To Livingston approx 45 minutes. To Edinburgh Park approx 13 minutes.
- Fare: TBC
Jet 747 (Fife) (Stop G)
This Stagecoach service connects the airport with Fife and those travelling further north. The service calls at Ratho Station for connections west, South Queensferry (Forth Road Bridge), Ferrytoll Park & Ride so onwards travel across Fife, Inverkeithing rail station for rail travel further north and Halbeath Park & Ride for onward bus travel further north.
- Frequency: Every 20 minutes 7 days a week (every 30 minutes in the evenings).
- Journey time: 25 minutes.
- Fare: £6.10 single, £8.50 day return or £11.50 period return; discounts for children and combined bus/train tickets and regular travel passes are also available.
For more information, timetables and route map visit www.stagecoachbus.com
Citylink Air (Glasgow) (Stop C)
This limited stop service to Glasgow provides regular links to Glasgow city centre where there is an opportunity to connect to local Glasgow services.
- Frequency: Seven days a week every 30 minutes at peak times
- Journey time: 60 minutes
- Fare: £11.60 single, £19.00 return
- Family Ticket: £25 single, £40 return (up to 2 Adults and 3 Kids) * The Family Ticket can only be purchased from the driver on board the coach.
Tickets can either be bought online via www.citylink.co.uk, from the driver or at the Visit Scotland desk by UK Arrivals at Edinburgh Airport. See the Citylink website for timetable information.
For general information on Scottish public transport, visit the Traveline Scotland website.
Bus timetables are available at Edinburgh Airport from the Onward Travel points in Domestic and International Arrivals.
The coach park for charter coaches and off-airport car park operators is located to the south of the multi-storey car park. Passengers seeking to check-in should access the Terminal using the crossing point at stand 10 and following the covered walkway. Wayfinding for passengers landing at Edinburgh will provide the most direct route from Domestic or International Arrivals to the coach park.
Vehicles over eight seats i.e. a minibus or coach seeking to drop-off or pick up passengers will need to use the coach park facility. The following plan details how coaches access the facility:
|0 – 10 mins||£5.00|
|10 – 20 mins||£8.00|
|20 – 30 mins||£13.00|
|30 - 45 mins||£18.00|
|45 – 60 mins||£23.00|
|Thereafter||£25.00 per hour or part thereof|