Where to catch buses
Buses to Edinburgh and other local destinations stop on the terminal forecourt, outside the main entrance.
Map of bus routes from Edinburgh Airport (112KB PDF)
Buses into Edinburgh
Airlink 100 (Stance 19)
This express bus service runs from the airport to Waverley Bridge (near Princes Street and the main rail and bus stations).
Buy tickets at the airport information desk, at the bus stop, from the driver or in advance online
- Frequency: Every 10 minutes.
- Journey time: 30 minutes approximately (Waverley Bridge).
- Fare: Single £4, return £7 (reductions for children).
Visit the Airlink 100 website
Night bus N22 (Stance 19)
This service runs from the airport via South Gyle to the city centre and on to Ocean Terminal in Leith between 00:47 and 04:17, seven nights a week.
- Frequency: Every 30 minutes.
- Journey time: 28 minutes (Waverley Steps).
- Fare: £3 flat fare (unlimited travel for one night).
Visit the Lothian night buses website
Service 35 (Stance 21)
This Lothian Buses service runs to the city centre and on to Ocean Terminal, with stops including RBS World Headquarters, the Scottish Parliament and the Palace of Holyroodhouse.
Buses run every 15 minutes Monday to Saturday daytime and every 30 minutes evenings and Sundays.
- Frequency: Every 15 minutes.
- Journey time: About an hour depending on traffic (Holyrood).
- Fare: Single £1.50, day ticket £3.50 (reductions for children).
Visit the Lothian Buses website
Jet 747 (Fife) (Stance 22)
This Stagecoach service connects the airport with Fife and those travelling further north. The service calls at Ratho Station for connections west, South Queensferry (Forth Road Bridge), Ferrytoll Park & Ride so onwards travel across Fife, Inverkeithing rail station for rail travel further north and Halbeath Park & Ride for onward bus travel further north.
- Frequency: Mon-Sat every 30 minutes (hourly on Saturday evenings and Sundays).
- Journey time: 25 minutes.
- Fare: Fare: £5.20 single, £7.20 day return or £9.40 period return; discounts for children and combined bus/train tickets.
For more information, timetables and route map visit www.stagecoachbus.com
Citylink Air (Glasgow) (Stance 1)
This non-stop service to Glasgow provides regular links to Glasgow city centre where there is an opportunity to connect to local Glasgow services.
- Frequency: Seven days a week every 30 minutes at peak times
- Journey time: 60 minutes
- Fare: £11 single, £18 return
- Family Ticket: £25 single, £39 return (up to 2 Adults and 3 Kids) * The Family Ticket can only be purchased from the driver on board the coach.
Tickets can either be bought online via www.citylink.co.uk, from the driver or at the Visit Scotland desk by International Arrivals at Edinburgh Airport. See the Citylink website for timetable information.
For general information on Scottish public transport, visit the Traveline Scotland website.
Bus timetables are available at Edinburgh Airport from the Onward Travel desk in UK Arrivals and the information desk in International Arrivals.
The coach park for charter coaches and off-airport car park operators is located to the south of the multi-storey car park. Passengers seeking to check-in should access the Terminal via the multi-storey car park. Wayfinding for passengers landing at Edinburgh will provide the most direct route from Domestic or International Arrivals to the coach park.
Vehicles over eight seats i.e. a minibus or coach seeking to drop-off or pick up passengers will need to use the coach park facility. The following plan details how coaches access the facility:
|Up to 1 additional hour ||£ 5.00 |
|Thereafter ||£10.00 per hour or part thereof |