Edinburgh Airport community board
The Edinburgh Airport Community Board meets quarterly to review funding applications from our local community. The Community Board consists of key representatives from Edinburgh Airport and the local community and they provide independent evaluations of applications.
Charities or community groups associated with members of the Community Board can still apply for funding, but the Community Board member must declare their involvement and withdraw from discussions and the decision-making process.
Community Board members
- Alex Cole-Hamilton (Chairman) - MSP
- Seonaid Gow (Secretary)- Communications Coordinator, Edinburgh Airport
- Louise McIntyre - Community Engagement Manager, Edinburgh Airport
- Gayle Barclay - Environment Manager and staff representative, Edinburgh Airport
- Lucy Henderson - Head Teacher, Hillwood Primary School
- Sandy Legget – Air Navigation Services
- Mark Foster – City of Edinburgh Council
Community Board meetings
Dates for 2019 meetings are as follows:
Friday 1 March
Friday 5 July
Friday 1 November
Criteria for funding
The Board has £120,000 per year to award to projects. Edinburgh Airport supports the community through funding local initiatives to support health and well-being, the environment and education.
All applications are judged on their merits against the following criteria:
Applying for funding
To apply for funding please complete the online application form. Funding applications must be received two weeks in advance of the meeting date to allow for registering and to be forwarded to Community Board members for pre-reading. Applications not received in time will be referred to the following meeting.
Please note organisations that are successful in applying for funding are not eligible to apply again for two calendar years where the beneficiaries would be the same.