Buses and coaches
Where to catch buses
Buses to Edinburgh and other local destinations stop on the terminal forecourt, outside the main entrance.
Map of bus routes from Edinburgh Airport (112KB PDF)
Buses into Edinburgh
This express bus service runs from the airport to Waverley Bridge (near Princes Street and the main rail and bus stations).
Buy tickets at the airport information desk, at the bus stop, from the driver or in advance online
- Frequency: Every 10 minutes (early services every 20 minutes).
- Journey time: 25 minutes (Waverley Bridge).
- Fare: Single £3.50, return £6 (reductions for children).
Visit the Airlink 100 website
Night bus N22
This service runs from the airport via South Gyle to the city centre and on to Ocean Terminal in Leith between 00:47 and 04:13, seven nights a week.
- Frequency: Every 30 minutes.
- Journey time: 28 minutes (Waverley Steps).
- Fare: £3 flat fare (unlimited travel for one night).
Visit the Lothian night buses website
This Lothian Buses service runs to the city centre and on to Ocean Terminal, with stops including RBS World Headquarters, the Scottish Parliament and the Palace of Holyroodhouse.
Buses run every 15 minutes Monday to Saturday daytime and every 30 minutes evenings and Sundays.
- Frequency: Every 15 minutes.
- Journey time: About an hour depending on traffic (Holyrood).
- Fare: Single £1.50, day ticket £3.50 (reductions for children).
Visit the Lothian Buses website
[Back to top]
Other local buses
Jet 747 (Fife)
This Stagecoach service connects the airport with Inverkeithing rail station, Ferrytoll Park & Ride (for connections to megabus services) and Kirkliston, stopping at Queensferry Road.
- Frequency: Mon-Sat every 30 minutes (hourly on Saturday evenings and Sundays).
- Journey time: 25 minutes.
- Fare: £5.10 single, £7.00 day return or £9.20 period return; discounts for children and combined bus/train tickets.
For more information, timetables and routemap visit: www.stagecoachbus.com
Private coaches requiring access
Any private coaches requiring access to the Edinburgh Airport coach park need to register for access by filling out the below form and sending it to:
Service Delivery Administrator,
Airport Control Centre,
ANPR form (41KB PDF)
For general information on Scottish public transport, visit the Traveline Scotland website.
Bus timetables are available at Edinburgh Airport from the Onward Travel desk in UK Arrivals and the information desk in International Arrivals.
[Back to top]