We want to make sure you have the best experience possible at Edinburgh Airport. This page should give you all the information you need for what to do when you arrive for your flight.
You’ll find Jet2.com in a new home at Edinburgh Airport! From 5 May 2016, look out for Jet2.com brand new check-in area at desk numbers 46-60. You’ll find our customer services desk in a new location too, where our friendly Jet2.com team will be happy to help you as always. We look forward to welcoming you to Edinburgh Airport.
Baggage allowances are determined by airlines and will depend on factors such as fare paid, class, route, aircraft type, government regulations, and the airline's own company, commercial and health and safety policies.
In general, airlines set a "free baggage allowance", expressed by weight and by piece. Airlines may allow, and set charges for, items exceeding these limits (excess baggage). Travellers are advised to verify baggage allowances with the airline when booking their ticket to avoid confusion or complications at the airport.
Baggage handling and delivery is the responsibility of the airlines from the point of check-in to the point of collection. If anything is left on an aircraft or an airline bus, please contact the airline immediately.
Some airlines subscribe to a replacement service for baggage which has been damaged in transit. For details please contact the relevant airline directly.
Top tips for packing:
- Check all hold and hand baggage size and weight allowances on your airline website
- Don't wrap any gifts - they may need to be viewed by security teams and will be unwrapped
Items banned from luggage
The following items are prohibited in both hold and hand luggage:
- Flammable liquids and solids
- Oxidisers such as bleaching powders
- Organic peroxides
- Tear gas devices or any gas cylinders
- Infectious substances such as live virus materials
- Wet-cell car batteries
- Magnetrons (Instruments containing mercury)
- Instruments containing magnets
- Fireworks and pyrotechnics
- Non-safety matches
- Fire lighters, lighter fuel, paints, thinners
- Poisons, arsenic, cyanide, weedkiller
- Radioactive materials, acids, corrosives, alkalis, caustic soda
- Creosote, quicklime, oiled paper
- Vehicle fuel system components which have contained fuel
- Explosives, ammunition, detonators and related equipment
- Smoke canisters and smoke cartridges