Brand new service to Dubrovnik and Faro; fly from just £34.99 one way including taxes
Leading low fare airline, Jet2.com, has today (23rd September) announced the launch of two brand new routes direct from Edinburgh Airport for summer 2010 to the stunning holiday hot spots of Dubrovnik and Faro.
Jet2.com will be the only airline to offer a direct scheduled service to Dubrovnik in Croatia from Edinburgh for next summer with fares for the weekly service starting from £49.99 per person one way including taxes. Flights depart from 2nd May 2010.
The new service from Edinburgh to Faro in Portugal will offer passengers flights at a time that suits them with three weekly flights and the best possible ‘friendly’ flight times. Flights to Faro are on sale now and start from £34.99 one way including taxes with flights departing from 20th May 2010.
ATOL protected holidays will also be available to Faro (the Algarve) and Dubrovnik for summer 2010, bookable with a low deposit of just £30 per person. Customers can choose from room only to all inclusive packages, from 2 - 5* hotels and apartments across a range of resorts.
Philip Meeson, boss of Jet2.com, said: “Dubrovnik and Faro are extremely popular holiday destinations and we are confident that these new routes are going to be hugely successful additions to our services from Edinburgh.
“We are committed to offering our passengers routes into brand new resorts, not currently served by other airlines at our bases. We will be the only operator to offer scheduled services to Dubrovnik next summer and will offer an enhanced service into Faro – flying three times a week at friendly flight times.
“Our summer schedule for 2010 has a fantastic choice of holiday hot spots at great fares offering something for everyone.”
Gordon Dewar, Managing Director of Edinburgh Airport, said: "Jet2.com’s continued growth from Edinburgh Airport is further good news for passengers and we are sure these new routes will prove popular with Scottish holidaymakers. Despite the recession, the capital continues to attract new business and leisure destinations and this latest round of expansion from Jet2.com, now one of our biggest airlines in terms of destinations served, underlines the airline's continued confidence in Edinburgh Airport. With a major investment programme now underway, Edinburgh Airport is well placed to emerge from the recession stronger than ever."
Located in the far south of Croatia, Dubrovnik is often referred to as the new Riviera. With beautiful beaches, chic bars, boutique hotels and restaurants, alongside many UNESCO World Heritage Sites, the picturesque city offers something for all types of holidaymakers.
Providing easy access into Portugal’s Algarve, Faro is the perfect holiday destination for families and couples alike. With some of the cleanest beaches in Europe, a lively nightlife and cafe culture and plenty of activities for families, the Algarve also offers a number of historical sites to explore.
Route and starting fares for summer 2010 from Edinburgh Airport include:
- Dubrovnik (starting 2nd May 2010) – from £49.99 one way including taxes
- Faro (starting 20th May 2010) – from £34.99 one way including taxes
- Ibiza (starting 27th May 2010) – from £34.99 one way including taxes
- La Rochelle (starting 29th May 2010) – from £34.99 one way including taxes
- Menorca (starting 28th May 2010) – from £39.99 one way including taxes
- Murcia (starting 3rd April 2010) – from £34.99 one way including taxes
- Sardinia (starting 15th May 2010) – from £34.99 one way including taxes
- Prague (starting 28th March 2010) – from £29.99 one way including taxes
- Toulouse (starting 29th May 2010) – from £34.99 one way including taxes
- Venice (starting 24th April 2010) – from £34.99 one way including taxes
To book flights from Edinburgh for summer 2010 visit www.jet2.com or for ATOL protected holidays visit www.jet2holidays.com
Notes to editors
- Jet2.com is a subsidiary of Dart Group plc, the aviation services and distribution group, which has 30 years’ commercial aviation experience.
- Jet2.com has seven UK bases, serving: 40 destinations from Leeds Bradford; 25 from Manchester; 19 from Newcastle; 9 from Blackpool; 13 from Belfast International, 13 from Edinburgh and 7 from East Midlands Airport.
- Jet2.com has scooped a number of prestigious awards including: 2008 Best UK Short-Haul Airline; 2006 & 2007 ‘Best European Short-Haul Airline’; the world’s most punctual airline into Amsterdam Schiphol; the 2005 ‘Best Online Booking Service’ of any UK airline; and the favourite British low cost airline from both Holiday Which? and Wanderlust magazines.
- Jet2holidays.com is ATOL protected meaning that holidays are protected by a financial guarantee provided by the CAA and is ABTA bonded.