Filming at busy international airports provides logistical and security challenges which means that whilst we will be accommodating, sometimes it will simply not be possible to facilitate non-essential filming requests:
- All filming within the airport requires a permit.
- Requests are considered on individual merit
- Minimum £5 million Public Liability Insurance is required
- Unfortunately it is not usually possible to allow student filming at the airport.
Generally, a request must be made at least two working days for news coverage and four working days for commercial filming before the required date. To apply for permission to film at Edinburgh Airport you must contact the media centre and supply the following information:
- Date of filming/photography
- Company representing
- Crew size/equipment
- Purpose of filming
- Areas seeking permission to film/photograph in
Please note: Security will remove anyone filming without this permission.
News coverage (non-commercial) purposes: Before coming to the airport you must contact the media centre
Commercial filming: For all commercial filming enquiries please contact the media centre
We also have broadcast-quality library footage of our airport Video library available for use. There may be a charge, depending on usage.