This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and growing organisation working in a challenging but exciting environment. You will have the opportunity to build and deliver a credible HSE and Risk strategy for our award winning airport.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Head of HSE & Risk will have responsibility for oversight of all HSE & Risk matters. While line leadership positions have the principal accountability for HSE performance, the Head of HSE & Risk is responsible for the implementation of management systems to ensure compliance and continuous improvement, including ISO and OHSAS accreditations.
You must be performance driven and able to communicate clear and concise goals, yet also maintain a collaborative, team oriented approach. Driven and self-directed, you will use metrics to hold the organisation responsible for results and wield the pragmatic intelligence necessary to focus and energize the organisation to deliver positive change. Additional responsibilities include:
- Establish annual HSE & Risk goals in collaboration with the COO and CEO
- To coordinate, facilitate and promote the delivery of an effective Risk Management process to ensure Edinburgh Airport Ltd meets its statutory responsibilities and provides safe working environments for staff, passengers and those affected by the airports activities.
- Lead the monthly “Managing Responsible Group” meeting of key business leaders to review performance and define appropriate action plans.
- Provide leadership and vision for the HSE Management System and compliance assurance programme.
- Review and consider changes to legislation, guidance and other relevant developments and develop strategies for their implementation where necessary.
- Defines applicability of national and local requirements through policies and controls.
- Build effective relationships with all key regulatory stakeholders
- To drive continuous improvement activities so as to improve the HSE & Risk agenda, policies and procedures at EAL
- Ensure the on-going effectiveness of risk assessment and risk management tools
- Lead the design and deployment of HSE & Risk training regimes
- To undertake accident investigations and prepare accurate and professional reviews, including appropriate recommendations where necessary
- Provide full support to the COO in meeting annual goals
- Participate as a full member of the Operations Leadership Team
- Provide vision, leadership for HSE & Risk across the business
- Overall accountability for HSE & Risk performance
- Drive adaptation of global best practices to improve performance and systems
- Create regular and effective communications channels to staff
- Constructively engage with union representatives
- Promote a culture of performance linked to organisational values
- Drive HSE & Risk performance improvements across the business
- Primary responsibility for HSE management system
- Be the conduit between EAL and EAL’s insurance brokers.
- Executive Team
- Operations Leadership Team
- Department Heads
- External agencies and regulators
- Airline and Handling Agent HSE leaders
Critical Competencies for Success
- Strong leadership and supervisory experience
- Demonstrated ability to establish a functional strategy and priorities
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Demonstrated ability to set and meet stretch targets
- Able to lead effectively in a matrix organisation
- Persuasive with strong influencing skills across all levels
- Strong problem solving skills
- Data based decision maker
- Effectively drives change and operational improvement
- Customer service focused
- Bias for action with a strong performance orientation
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple initiatives
- Excellent at meeting financial objectives
Education & Experience
- Graduate calibre
- Minimum of 5 years senior management experience
- Significant HSE and risk experience combined with relevant qualifications
How to apply
1. Download and fill in the application form
2. Register for the Edinburgh Airport recruitment website
3. Once you are registered are logged into the recruitment site, select the appropriate job and attach the application form when prompted