Now recruiting for Security Officers on a minimum of 20 hours per week working shifts to fulfil our operational requirement needs. This is a fully flexible contract and when the operations requires, you will be rostered up to 40 hours per week, with potential further overtime required in the peak summer period. Hourly rate of £8.17 per hour and an attractive shift allowance. Contracts will commence in March/April 2014 until October 2014.
To maintain security standards and ensure the smooth transition of passengers, staff and airport users as instructed by Department of Transport (DFT) Directorate, processing a throughput of 9 million+ passengers per annum.
- To screen all personnel passing through restricted areas, by using both archway detectors and manual body searching where necessary, with the exception of those exempt by the DFT.
- To screen all items being carried into restricted areas, using both x-ray equipment and manual search in order to ensure that no prohibited items are taken into the restricted zone which could endanger the aircraft, passengers or crew.
- To check identification or travel documents for all passengers, staff and airport users requiring access.
- For Airside areas ensure that visual inspections of the interiors and boots of all vehicles entering the airside areas with the exception of those under Police protection and others authorised by the DFT. Inspection of vehicle apron passes.
- To resolve queries from customers and assist them with their journey through the airport.
- Read and adhere to security notices. Complete documentation clearly and concisely on any incidents which may occur.
- To assist with emergency situations which could arise within the terminals (i.e. evacuation procedures).
- To patrol the terminal and airside areas to ensure that the terminal is secure, i.e. any suspicious persons are identified and their presence is justified, airside\landside doors are secure etc.
Qualifications and experience
|Specific Experience || |
Minimum of one year working in a front line customer service type role required.
|Qualifications ||Will be trained by Security Training in accordance with DFT and EAL guidelines |
|Special Requirements || |
Needs to have good observation and object recognition
Must be able to process hand baggage on and off the screening machines and body search passengers.
Must be over 18 years of age.
Must be able to be cleared in accordance with DFT regulations.
Full colour vision
If you have been living or working overseas for a period of over six months within the last five years, we will require you to provide an overseas criminal record check.
Framework and boundaries
Takes limited decisions within strict guidelines of DFT and EAL. Scope on making customer services decisions but may need to refer larger decisions to supervisor.
Any other Information
The jobholder is required to co-operate with a number of other organisations i.e. Police, Roads Admin, Customs and Immigration.
All Guards are required to have a good knowledge of Airport geography and regulations. They are required to adhere to uniform standards, be helpful and to assist in the smooth operation of the Airport.
How to apply
1. Download and fill in the application form
2. Register for the Edinburgh Airport recruitment website
3. Once you are registered are logged into the recruitment site, select the appropriate job and attach the application form when prompted